At Solara Automation, we have extensive experience integrating Robots with our custom automated equipment to create solutions that have never been achieved. Our experience ranges from individual robot integration to multiple robots as part of a multi station automation system.
Robots are revolutionizing manufacturing (and other markets). They are becoming smarter, faster and cheaper. Manufacturers are using robots in a host of applications, not only to reduce cost of goods, but also to solve safety and human factors concerns, enable the inspection of parts much faster and cheaper than human capability, and much more.
- Precision Part Handling
- Material Cutting / Grinding
- Material Handling
- Machine Loading
- Part Transfer
- Press Tending
- Integrated Inspection
Articles About Robotics Integration Solutions
- Read about our lab demo using a bench mounted IFM OPD100 3D Profiler interacting with the Schunk EGH Collaborative Gripper installed on the UR10e Universal Robot. The application challenge was to establish a way to verify the capacitor type and the correct workpiece orientation for insertion into a fixture. We demonstrate how this setup is able to translate orientation data to the robot and check for workpiece type to detect a changeover process. ... [more]
- Over the past few months, COVID-19 has impacted just about every aspect of our daily lives. The FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) is no exception. First Robotics FRC is an international high school robotics competition. It was founded in 1989 by inventor and entrepreneur Dean Kamen, with inspiration and assistance from physicist and MIT professor Woodie Flowers. Kamen was disappoin ... [more]
- Scope: A leading manufacturer of builder products requested Solara to design, develop, and install an end-of-line robotic palletizing system for strapped bundles of nail plates. Part/Product: Zinc-plated steel nail plates bundled and strapped together in sets of 20 each. Nail plate sizes vary from 3”x4” all the way to 10”x16” for a total of 36 recipes. Performance: Maint ... [more]
- Application: Forming and Inspection System Industry: Automotive Project Criteria Solara’s customer manufactures components of automotive drive axles. The requirements for the station were to first inspect previous assembly step, to stake the part, and last to inspect the staking process. Solara engineered and built a single-robot cell. After the previous assembly step, ... [more]
- Application: Material Handling and Inspection System Industry: Automotive Project Criteria Solara Automation’s customer is a bearing manufacturer. The automation requirement was to support the overmolding of three plastic parts. The equipment needed to bulk feed substrates, load into mold press for 2nd stage process, unload finish parts from mold, inspect parts for defect ... [more]
- Application: Material Handling, Welding, and Grinding Industry: Tools Solara Automation’s customer manufactures portable bandsaw blades. Solara’s engineers were challenged to build an automation cell that fed the raw material, formed the blade into a loop, weld the ends together, anneal seam, and grind the seam. Solara engineered and built a three-robot cell. The bla ... [more]
More Articles About Robotics Integration Solutions - Full Archives
To see all of our Robotics Integration articles, including older ones, please go to the Robotics Integration articles Archives.