Machine Vision & Inspection
Solara Automation’s machine vision systems provide automated image-based inspection and analysis for applications such as gauging, inspection, guidance, and identification.
Machine vision replaces the human’s capabilities to perform inspection tasks on a repetitive basis. A human’s capacity for high volume sensing and judgment declines over time and at increased speeds.
Our experience in Machine Vision & Inspection includes single-camera applications on existing lines to very sophisticated multi-camera applications integrated into a custom automation cell.
- Count / Presence
- Robot Guidance
Machine Vision Video
Articles About Machine Vision
- Application: Material Handling and Inspection System Industry: Automotive Project Criteria Solara Automation’s customer is a bearing manufacturer. The automation requirement was to support the overmolding of three plastic parts. The equipment needed to bulk feed substrates, load into mold press for 2nd stage process, unload finish parts from mold, inspect parts for defects, and package […]
- Application: Material Handling, Welding, and Grinding Industry: Tools Solara Automation’s customer manufactures portable bandsaw blades. Solara’s engineers were challenged to build an automation cell that fed the raw material, formed the blade into a loop, weld the ends together, anneal seam, and grind the seam. Solara engineered and built a three-robot cell. The blade material […]
- Application: Inspection and Packing System Industry: Automotive Project Criteria Solara Automation’s customer produces sintered metal parts used in engines. The requirements for the automation system was to inspect three different assemblies for defects and proper dowel insertion depth. Inspected parts needed to be packaged out on molded trays. Solara engineered and built an automated machine […]
- Application: Assembly and Inspection System Industry: Automotive Solara Automation’s customer produces sintered metal parts used in engines. The requirements for the automation was assemble dowels and pins into parts and inspect assemblies for defects and proper dowel insertion depth. Solara engineered and built two automated machines to assemble and inspect five different parts. A vision […]
- Valve Stem Seal Trimmer and Vision Inspection System Application: Process, Assembly, and Vision Inspection System Industry: Automotive Customer product is a valve stem seal used in engines. The customer needed to trim rubber, assemble spring, and inspect parts for defects. Solara Automation designed a system to feed parts, load them on an indexing dial, cut […]
- Round Bottom Tube Vision Inspection System Application: Tube Vision Inspection System Industry: Medical Devices A tube vision inspection system was required to inspect clear round bottom tubes for multiple defect categories. Solara designed and built an automated machine to present parts to the vision system. The vision system inspects for black specks, waviness, scuffs, bubbles, […]
More Articles About Machine Vision and Inspection Systems - Full Archives
To see more related articles, please go to the Machine Vision & Inspection Systems archives.