Our Latest Factory Automation Case Studies from Solara Automation
We believe that the best way to show you Solara Automation's capabilities is through our many factory automation case studies. Every factory automation company talks about capabilities on their website, but case studies show real world experience in complex factory automation solutions.
That's why Solara Automation should be your top choice for your factory automation solutions. Contact us today to discuss your factory automation needs!
- Collaborative Capacitor Inspection Utilizing the UR10e Robot and IFM 3D Profiler Read about our lab demo using a bench mounted IFM OPD100 3D Profiler interacting with the Schunk EGH Collaborative Gripper installed on the UR10e Universal Robot. The application challenge was to establish a way to verify the capacitor type and the correct workpiece orientation for insertion into a fixture. We demonstrate how this setup is […]
- Collaborative Screw Feeding System by Solara Automation Recently a customer came to Solara Automation requesting a custom robotic solution that was capable of precision part assembly including screw driving two separate parts together. This is a very common automation application, although getting a robot to perform these tasks reliably with the chosen work piece and type of fastener would be the automation […]
- Collaborative Robots, Getting Them on Your Floor Takes More It is easy to order a new collaborative robot these days. But getting it up and running can be a challenge. This is where the expertise of an experienced robotics integrator can save you time and money. Solara Automation is a Universal Robots Certified Systems Integrator and we’re equipped to help you design and implement […]
- Solara Automation’s Collaborative Robot Assembly System At Solara Automation we have specialized in creating automated solutions for demanding assembly applications. Collaborative robot arms provide a future-proof platform for small businesses that need to optimize production. If your workflow changes, the cobot can be quickly redeployed to new processes due to its small size and lightweight design. Easier programming (even by non-technical […]
- New Collaborative Palletizing System at Solara Automation Big things are happening at Solara. How big? Well, it involves one of the largest collaborative robots in the world — capable of lifting loads up to 35 kg. The future of automation is a world without safety fences, a world in which humans work side-by-side with robots. Cobots will handle the strenuous and dangerous […]
- Cobots vs COVID-19 Solara Automation can help you with your factory labor challenges. We specialize in helping our customers overcome the challenges of deploying and integrating new factory automation. Mandatory factory shutdowns and restrictions on movement have brought economic activity in entire regions to a halt. Manufacturers face either the unappealing prospect of closing facilities until restrictions are […]
- Robotic Palletizing System Scope: A leading manufacturer of builder products requested Solara to design, develop, and install an end-of-line robotic palletizing system for strapped bundles of nail plates. Part/Product: Zinc-plated steel nail plates bundled and strapped together in sets of 20 each. Nail plate sizes vary from 3”x4” all the way to 10”x16” for a total of 36 […]
- Robotic Staking System Application: Forming and Inspection System Industry: Automotive Project Criteria Solara’s customer manufactures components of automotive drive axles. The requirements for the station were to first inspect previous assembly step, to stake the part, and last to inspect the staking process. Solara engineered and built a single-robot cell. After the previous assembly step, the operator loads […]
- Mold Load Unload Robot Cell Application: Material Handling and Inspection System Industry: Automotive Project Criteria Solara Automation’s customer is a bearing manufacturer. The automation requirement was to support the overmolding of three plastic parts. The equipment needed to bulk feed substrates, load into mold press for 2nd stage process, unload finish parts from mold, inspect parts for defects, and package […]
- Chamfer Grinding Machine Application: Chamfer Grinding Machine Industry: Automotive Project Criteria Customer asked Solara Automation to design, build and test a machine to grind a chamfer on ceramic disks. We engineered a free-standing workstation consisting of a 4-position rotary dial table, magazine-fed part infeed, a grinding wheel mounted on a swing arm, an air knife to blow off […]
More Factory Automation Case Studies - Archives
To see all of our Factory Automation Case Studies including older ones, please go to the Case Study Archives.