At Solara Automation, we have extensive experience integrating cobots with our custom automated equipment to create solutions that have never been achieved. Our experience ranges from individual cobot integration to multiple cobots as part of a multi station automation system. If you have never heard the term "cobot" it refers to robots intended for direct human robot interaction within a shared space, or where humans and robots are in close proximity. Cobot applications contrast with traditional industrial robot applications in which robots are isolated from human contact. Solara Automation has extensive experience integrating cobots utilizing different manufactures and a wide variety of payloads.
Cobots are revolutionizing manufacturing (and other markets). They are becoming smarter, faster and cheaper. Manufacturers are using cobots in a host of applications, not only to reduce cost of goods, but also to solve safety and human factors concerns, enable the inspection of parts much faster and cheaper than human capability, and much more. Contact Solara Automation today to start a conversation with us on your next automation improvement project.
- Precision Part Handling
- Material Handling
- Machine Loading
- Part Transfer
- Press Tending
- Integrated Inspection
Articles About Collaborative Robots
- For this Solara Automation lab demo we chose a bench mounted IFM OPD100 3D Profiler interacting with the Schunk EGH Collaborative Gripper installed on the UR10e Universal Robot. The application challenge was to establish a way to verify the capacitor type and the correct workpiece orientation for insertion into a fixture. The UR10e Universal Collaborative […]
- Recently a customer came to Solara Automation requesting a custom robotic solution that was capable of precision part assembly including screw driving two separate parts together. This is a very common automation application, although getting a robot to perform these tasks reliably with the chosen work piece and type of fastener would be the automation […]
- It is easy to order a new collaborative robot these days. But getting it up and running can be a challenge. This is where the expertise of an experienced robotics integrator can save you time and money. Solara Automation is a Universal Robots Certified Systems Integrator and we’re equipped to help you design and implement […]
- At Solara Automation we have specialized in creating automated solutions for demanding assembly applications. Collaborative robot arms provide a future-proof platform for small businesses that need to optimize production. If your workflow changes, the cobot can be quickly redeployed to new processes due to its small size and lightweight design. Easier programming (even by non-technical […]
- Big things are happening at Solara. How big? Well, it involves one of the largest collaborative robots in the world — capable of lifting loads up to 35 kg. The future of automation is a world without safety fences, a world in which humans work side-by-side with robots. Cobots will handle the strenuous and dangerous […]
- Solara Automation can help you with your factory labor challenges. We specialize in helping our customers overcome the challenges of deploying and integrating new factory automation. Mandatory factory shutdowns and restrictions on movement have brought economic activity in entire regions to a halt. Manufacturers face either the unappealing prospect of closing facilities until restrictions are […]
More Articles About Collaborative Robots - Full Archives
To see all of our Robotics Integration articles, including older ones, please go to the archives.