Solara Automation designs and builds custom automation equipment to give manufacturing companies in NC, SC and VA a competitive advantage in their markets. Our services include Systems Integration, Machine Design, Control Systems Development, Software Integration, Product/Process Development, Machining/Fabrication, Machine Vision and Robotics.
We seek engineering professionals educated or skilled in Automation Technology, Mechanical Design and Controls Integration. As a technology-driven company we desire individuals looking to challenge themselves to reach their full potential in a fast-paced environment.
Solara offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, with competitive base pay and bonus opportunities, superior benefits, a flexible work environment and opportunities for career development. Our engineers are involved in every phase of delivering quality work, on-time and on-budget in a strong teamwork-based culture.
Solara is always looking for talented, experienced automation experts. Check in with us if you have experience we can use.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter, team player, works well with others and has a positive attitude
- Creative thinker, results oriented, focused, and attentive to detail
- Able to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines for rapid deployment
- Highly desired – leadership of teams and ability to support and train peers
- BS/MS degree in Mechanical Engineering (Mechatronics degree preferred)
- 6+ years of experience in the industrial automation industry
- Proficient in SolidWorks and related CAD/CAM computer tools
- Knowledge of motion controls, actuators, servos, sensors, and pneumatics
- Knowledge of and experience with fabrication and machining processes
- Experience and skill in prototyping, troubleshooting and field installations
- Desired - Robotic cell design skills (reach/cycle analyses, safety, risk assessment)
- Desired – Experience integrating machine vision and 3D laser sensors
- Interface with clients and peers to develop concepts, define project requirements and develop SOW/RFQ specifications for proposals and project management
- Design complex machinery with pneumatic and electromechanical components
- Design and integrate robots, EOAT, feeding devices and material handling cells
- Produce high level designs and detail/assembly drawings for manufacturing
- Install new equipment and troubleshoot issues with company installed systems
- Technical writing and Equipment Documentation (Test Plans, Operating Manuals)
- Conduct risk assessments for machine safety systems and robotic cells
- Lead internal and customer design reviews and work with Electrical and Controls Engineering peers to ensure project quality and timely delivery
- Live the company culture of integrity, teamwork, and professionalism
- Quality – Ensure standards are maintained in a process driven environment
- Able/willing to travel and work at customer sites (10-15%)
- Available/willing to work overtime to meet project commitments, as required
- Involved in the Recruitment/Training/Orientation/ of new employees
If you meet the qualifications described and would like to submit an electronic application, please complete the information below and attach your resume. If you would like to send your resume by mail, please send it to the mailing address below.