At Solara Automation, we have extensive experience integrating Robots with our custom automated equipment to create solutions that have never been achieved. Our experience ranges from individual robot integration to multiple robots as part of a multi station automation system.
Robots are revolutionizing manufacturing (and other markets). They are becoming smarter, faster and cheaper. Manufacturers are using robots in a host of applications, not only to reduce cost of goods, but also to solve safety and human factors concerns, enable the inspection of parts much faster and cheaper than human capability, and much more.
- Precision Part Handling
- Material Cutting / Grinding
- Material Handling
- Machine Loading
- Part Transfer
- Press Tending
- Integrated Inspection
Articles About Robotics Integration Solutions
- Application: Forming and Inspection System Industry: Automotive Project Criteria Solara’s customer manufactures components of automotive drive axles. The requirements for the station were to first inspect previous assembly step, to stake the part, and last to inspect the staking process. Solara engineered and built a single-robot cell. After the previous assembly step, the operator lo ... [more]
- Application: Material Handling and Inspection System Industry: Automotive Project Criteria Solara Automation’s customer is a bearing manufacturer. The automation requirement was to support the overmolding of three plastic parts. The equipment needed to bulk feed substrates, load into mold press for 2nd stage process, unload finish parts from mold, inspect parts for defects, and package ... [more]
- Application: Material Handling, Welding, and Grinding Industry: Tools Solara Automation’s customer manufactures portable bandsaw blades. Solara’s engineers were challenged to build an automation cell that fed the raw material, formed the blade into a loop, weld the ends together, anneal seam, and grind the seam. Solara engineered and built a three-robot cell. The blade material is ... [more]
- Application: Inspection and Packing System Industry: Automotive Project Criteria Solara Automation’s customer produces sintered metal parts used in engines. The requirements for the automation system was to inspect three different assemblies for defects and proper dowel insertion depth. Inspected parts needed to be packaged out on molded trays. Solara engineered and built an automated m ... [more]
- Application: Robotic Part Processing Industry: Automotive Project Criteria Solara Automation’s customer produces sintered metal parts used in engines. The automation requirements were to unload parts from a press, de-burr edges, place onto trays, and load into a furnace. The automation had to be flexible to process 8 different parts. Solara engineered and built a flexible robotic cell. A robust, 3-axis servo unit first unloads the part from press, weighs it, and places it on conveyor. Part is transferred to and processed in a de-burring station by pneumatic actuators. For flexibility in handling various loading patterns and the 8 different part sizes, a robot unloads the part from de-burring station and places it onto furnace trays. A conveyor system automatically indexes the trays into the furnace. Project Features 720 parts / hour 8 different parts with change out tooling 3-axis servo actuator unloads parts from press Automatic transfer to scale for quality check Indexing transfer conveyor De-burr station with pneumatic part transfer/flipping/holding Automated conveyor tray indexing Fanuc 6-axis robot with R-30iB controller for flexible tray loading Allen Bradley HMI/PLC controls Gallery of Robotic Press and Furnace Load System To enlarge a picture and scroll through the gallery… Click or tap the right side of the photo to go the next image Click or tap the left side of the photo to go the previous image ... [more]
- Application: Assembly and Inspection System Industry: Automotive Solara Automation’s customer produces sintered metal parts used in engines. The requirements for the automation was assemble dowels and pins into parts and inspect assemblies for defects and proper dowel insertion depth. Solara engineered and built two automated machines to assemble and inspect five different parts. A vision sys ... [more]
More Articles About Robotics Integration Solutions - Full Archives
To see all of our Robotics Integration articles, including older ones, please go to the Robotics Integration articles Archives.