At Solara Automation, we have extensive experience integrating Robots with our custom automated equipment to create solutions that have never been achieved. Our experience ranges from individual robot integration to multiple robots as part of a multi station automation system.
Robots are revolutionizing manufacturing (and other markets). They are becoming smarter, faster and cheaper. Manufacturers are using robots in a host of applications, not only to reduce cost of goods, but also to solve safety and human factors concerns, enable the inspection of parts much faster and cheaper than human capability, and much more.
- Precision Part Handling
- Material Cutting / Grinding
- Material Handling
- Machine Loading
- Part Transfer
- Press Tending
- Integrated Inspection
Articles About Robotics Integration Solutions
- Scope: A leading manufacturer of builder products requested Solara to design, develop, and install an end-of-line robotic palletizing system for strapped bundles of nail plates. Part/Product: Zinc-plated steel nail plates bundled and strapped together in sets of 20 each. Nail plate sizes vary from 3”x4” all the way to 10”x16” for a total of 36 recipes. Performance: Maintaining four lan ... [more]
- Universal Robots is leading the market for Cobots - robots that function 'collaboratively' with workers. Solara sees increasing demand for UR robots for applications that 'replace a human arm' as manufacturers struggle to meet staffing requirements. We are pleased to join the UR CSI program and to offer this robot option to our customers. Building upon years of expertise wi ... [more]
- Application: Forming and Inspection System Industry: Automotive Project Criteria Solara’s customer manufactures components of automotive drive axles. The requirements for the station were to first inspect previous assembly step, to stake the part, and last to inspect the staking process. Solara engineered and built a single-robot cell. After the previous assembly step, the operator lo ... [more]
- Application: Material Handling and Inspection System Industry: Automotive Project Criteria Solara Automation’s customer is a bearing manufacturer. The automation requirement was to support the overmolding of three plastic parts. The equipment needed to bulk feed substrates, load into mold press for 2nd stage process, unload finish parts from mold, inspect parts for defects, and package ... [more]
- Application: Material Handling, Welding, and Grinding Industry: Tools Solara Automation’s customer manufactures portable bandsaw blades. Solara’s engineers were challenged to build an automation cell that fed the raw material, formed the blade into a loop, weld the ends together, anneal seam, and grind the seam. Solara engineered and built a three-robot cell. The blade material is ... [more]
- Application: Inspection and Packing System Industry: Automotive Project Criteria Solara Automation’s customer produces sintered metal parts used in engines. The requirements for the automation system was to inspect three different assemblies for defects and proper dowel insertion depth. Inspected parts needed to be packaged out on molded trays. Solara engineered and built an automated m ... [more]
More Articles About Robotics Integration Solutions - Full Archives
To see all of our Robotics Integration articles, including older ones, please go to the Robotics Integration articles Archives.