Robotic Press and Furnace Load System
Application: Robotic Part Processing
Solara Automation’s customer produces sintered metal parts used in engines. The automation requirements were to unload parts from a press, de-burr edges, place onto trays, and load into a furnace. The automation had to be flexible to process 8 different parts.
Solara engineered and built a flexible robotic cell. A robust, 3-axis servo unit first unloads the part from press, weighs it, and places it on conveyor. Part is transferred to and processed in a de-burring station by pneumatic actuators.
For flexibility in handling various loading patterns and the 8 different part sizes, a robot unloads the part from de-burring station and places it onto furnace trays. A conveyor system automatically indexes the trays into the furnace.
- 720 parts / hour
- 8 different parts with change out tooling
- 3-axis servo actuator unloads parts from press
- Automatic transfer to scale for quality check
- Indexing transfer conveyor
- De-burr station with pneumatic part transfer/flipping/holding
- Automated conveyor tray indexing
- Fanuc 6-axis robot with R-30iB controller for flexible tray loading
- Allen Bradley HMI/PLC controls