Automotive Component Robotic Work Cell
Staking Press - Automotive Component Robotic Work Cell
Application: Fully Automated Automotive Component Robotic Work Cell Part Processing
Industry: Automotive - Drive Shaft Components
Customer needed work cell to stake drive shaft components of different sizes. The work cell had to automatically load, stake, and unload parts. Easy tooling set-up and system transport was necessary.
Solara designed a frame that integrates press, conveyor, controls, and guarding. Drive shafts convey into and out of work cell by steel cleat conveyor. Motoman robot with dual end-of-arm tooling loads and unloads press.
Features of Staking Press Robotic Work Cell
- Tox 25 ton air-over oil press
- Motoman HP20D robot with controller
- Change out tooling supports various product sizes
- Universal end of arm tooling with dual grippers
- Universal conveyor rails
- Allen Bradley HMI/PLC controls